Tuesday, September 04, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Chip Kelly, Mark Helfrich, De'Anthony Thomas and Marcus Mariota talk with reporters after practice yesterday. Video courtesy of KVAL.
• Kevin Gemmell says Marcus Mariota is his Pac-12 player of the week for his performance against Arkansas St.
Mariota won the job and showed why he's Chip Kelly's guy Saturday night, carving up Arkansas State (with a little help from his friends) and calling it a night before the halftime festivities. For anyone who might have been on the fence following Kelly's decision, it's time to get off. Mariota's performance left little room for second guessing.
• Rob Moseley and Aaron Fentress take a sneak peek at Fresno St.
• Aaron Fentress says Kyle Long enjoyed his fist Autzen experience and Tyler Johnstone expects to return for the Fresno St. game after leaving the Arkansas St. game in the first quarter due to an Achilles sprain.
• Dale Newton grades the game against Arkansas St.
• Ted Miller has some national numbers for the Pac-12 where you will find a couple of Ducks and then looks back at last weeks games.
Smiley face: Well, is there anyone who doubts Oregon's redshirt freshman QB Marcus Mariota now? Yes, it was a home game against an overmatched Arkansas State team, but Mariota looked completely in control during the brief time he played. He completed 18 of 22 passes for 200 yards with three TDs and no interceptions. He also rushed for 24 yards. It was the ninth most efficient performance on the opening weekend.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:43 AM